How do I import a CSV file which contains random numbers which are unique codes which need printing on some vouchers i’m printing.
Hi @araf ,
First of all, welcome to our OL Learn community!
Can you let me know please if your question is regarding our OL Connect software or regarding our PlanetPress Suite software?
Can you also let me know please how much experience you do have with our software – at a scale of 1 to 10, for example?
In case your question is about our OL Connect software I would like to let you know that you can execute the following steps in response to your question. Please note that this is just a brief summary because creating a Output Creation Preset file and eventually a Job Creation Preset file are also required in case you would like to print output:
- Open the Connect Designer application
- Create a Data Mapping Configuration file by:
- Going to: File > New
- Going to: (New… window) > Wizards > Data mapping Configuration (folder) > Files (folder) > CSV/XLSX/XLS file
- Selecting a CSV file by clicking on the “Browse” button on the right side of the File input field in the Select CSV/XLSX/XLS file window.
- Clicking on the “Finish” button.
- Select the columns in the Tabular viewer pane of the just created Data Mapping Configuration file, right click on the selection and choose the option “Add Extraction”. This will add an Extraction step to the Steps pane and will add the extracted data to the Data Model (pane).
- Create a Print Template by:
- Go to: File > New > (New… window) > Wizards > Template (folder) Print Template
- Click on the “Next >” button.
- Choose the right settings in the New Print Template window
- Click on the “Finish” button.
Once you have created both a Data Mapping Configuration and Print Template file you can add the from the CSV input file extracted by “drag-and-drop”-ing the fields from the Data Model window in a Print Context Section.