It is not an antivirus problem and it is not a broken file, I downloaded the setup file multiple times.
But I can tell you what the problem was, and that should be fixed by your devs for the future.
We have a folder where we collect older versions of the workflow and designer installers, if there ever arises the need to go back to an older version. This is a production environment where thousands of packages are sent on a daily basis and that need to be running. This becomes more and more problematic with all the recent installer problems that came with Connect. Suite 7 could just be updated, Connect updates fail every time, especially since this recent “new installer” was rolled out in a non production-ready state.
All installers always have the same filename, regardless of the version. So to be able to differentiate them we rename them. In this case I added “2022_1_5” to the end of the installer filename before the file extension.
And that leads to the above problem. It looks like some kind of CRC check is done not only on the file content, but also on the filename, and if that is changed, installer refuses to install with very misleading error messages. If I redownload and keep the filename, the installer starts (I then get other problems with MariaDB because you software does not recognize if mySQL is already running on the system on the same port, but that is another ticket that has never been solved by support and I just use another port for MariaDB).
I strongly advise to change future installer filenames to include the version number.
Ticket number is 1161894