OL Learn

Problem with mysql connection string after upgrade to 2022.1

Hi,

I just upgraded a customer installation from 2021.1 to 2022.1. Because of problems with the upgrade, I was forced to fully uninstall and reinstall the OL-Connect server.

I have a datamapper, which gets additional data from a mysql database. The relevant part of the script is:

var connectionString = "jdbc:mysql://host:3306/databaseName";
var conn = db.connect(connectionString, user, pass);

This worked for years without a glitch and still works, when I test it directly through the designer.
When I run it through the workflow, I get the following error:

W3001 : Error while executing plugin: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error - An unspecified error occurred which was caused by LoggedApplicationException: There was an error running the data mapping process caused by ApplicationException: Error executing DM configuration: Wrapped java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://host:3306/databaseName (scriptname#scriptrow) (DM1000031) (SRV000012) (SRV000001)

Any pointers would be helpful!

thanks and best regards
-ivan

The same problem with the javascript db.connect exists also in the 2022.2…
It affects not only the server but also the designer.
I’ll open a support case for this…
greets
-i.

I have tested it here with the following code and it works as expected:

var connectionString = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/objectiflune";
var con = db.connect(connectionString, MyUserName, MyPassword);
statement = con.createStatement();
values = statement.executeQuery("select ID from datarecord");
if (values.next()) {
	logger.warn(values.getString("ID"));
}
values.close();
statement.close();
con.close();

The installer may have run into some kind of issue installing the JDBC driver. It’s strange that it didn’t notify you of it. Once Support has found what the issue is, please report it here for the benefit of other community members.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to check it…
The issue is strange. I found a way to work around it, but only until I restart the designer or the server. After that the issue is there again.
It is for sure something with the classpath loader, because I don’t have any problem using a database data source for the datamapper.
Only the scripting is affected and only for non-jdbc datasources…
I’ll report here, when there is something to be reported :slight_smile: